Looking at financial help for families to meet the cost of a funeral
Winning an appeal can help people maintain a basic income or meet the costs of their disability. It is great if you can find an experienced adviser to help. But the chances of winning are good even if you are going it alone, or you are new to advice work or to appeals.
This course is designed to help you to make your own way, or support people, through the appeals process.
The Scottish Welfare Fund is intended to offer grants or in kind support for two purposes.
Crisis grants to:
- provide a safety net in a disaster or emergency, when there is an immediate threat to health or safety
Community care grants to:
- enable independent living or continued independent living, preventing the need for institutional care
These are the objectives of the fund. Community care grants include the provision of assistance to families facing exceptional pressure.
Universal Credit is a complete change to the system of financial support for people of working age. This course is designed to help you get to grips with new and important issues in social security.
Learn about universal credit, a major change to the benefits system that will affect people on low incomes in the months and years ahead.
Through interactive quizzes and activities you will look at how universal credit works:
- Who can get universal credit
- Amounts of universal credit
- Claiming universal credit
- Your claimant commitment
- Moving to universal credit