- COST OF THE SCHOOL DAY (DUNDEE)
COST OF THE SCHOOL DAY (DUNDEE)
School costs can put pressure on low-income families and put children at risk of missing out on opportunities and feeling different, excluded and unhappy. Following research with children and young people, parents, carers and staff in Dundee schools, the Dundee Fairness Commission recommended that Dundee City Council work alongside Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland to deliver Cost of the School Day in Dundee schools.
The Cost of the School Day project brings together whole school communities to identify financial barriers and takes action to remove them. This course is all about the Cost of the School Day project and is for anyone working in, or with schools in Dundee.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- An awareness of current child poverty rates, causes, and consequences
- Insight into how school costs affect children and young people and their families
- Identified costs and potential financial barriers in your own settings
- Identified where you would like to take action in your own setting
- Knowledge of the range of support and resources available to help you take action
- COURSE ACTIVITY
If you are having difficulty accessing the module, please visit the help page here.
- REFLECTION AND SELF EVALUATION
REFLECTION AND SELF EVALUATION
In the link below are a set of questions for you to consider as you finish this eLearning course. You can answer these questions individually as part of your own professional development or they can be completed with colleagues in your department or school to inform the Cost of the School day action plans and self-evaluation.
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES