This is our policy on how your personal information will be treated.
This website is operated by Child Poverty Action Group.
Statement of intent
- From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (eg. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on this website.
- By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable this website to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, the operators of this website will treat that information in accordance with this policy.
- Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. The operators of this website will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Visitors to this website
- Cookies are stored within your web browser and identify your computer to our server. They also allow us to record how frequently you visit the site and the areas you navigate within it. You can check the cookie in your web browser to ensure that the information record is correct (see below).
- Your personal details will never be supplied to anyone without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to this website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on this website, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we will use whatever information that is available to us about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service(s) you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case that you no longer wish to continue your registration with this website.
What we collect
- We use your information to understand better your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalise the website for you.
How we use it
- We will keep a record of your details. On this website, you can, make requests, download data and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are name, contact information, the type of request made and data downloaded.
- Once your personal details are held on the database we are obligated under the law to hold accurate information, and to let you know what we are keeping about you if you want to know. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to make a formal request in writing for access to personal information (or "personal data") held about you by CPAG, to inspect it and to have it corrected if it is wrong. Please direct your requests to: Child Poverty Action Group, 94 White Lion Street, London N1 9PF. The law gives us up to forty days from receipt of your e-mail to respond to your request.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you by email. This will usually be for "service administration purposes". This means that we may contact you for a number of purposes related to the services you have signed up for. For example, it may be necessary to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance.
Last modified: Sunday, 7 April 2013, 4:33 PM